Monday, October 20, 2014

#TheBestYes, Week 4 a peak into The Day in the Life of Me




1-3 God, my shepherd!
    I don’t need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
    you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
    you let me catch my breath
    and send me in the right direction.
Psalm 23 (MSG)

It is incredibly frustrating and sometimes hurtful to see messages on FB, Twitter and TV commercials about people wanting to sleep 23 hours a day like the Koala bear or hibernate so that can have a chance to be rested, get away from the world for a bit and be able to hide away. That kind of life is a burden, it has its incredible blessings as well but for the most part no one would really want to do this for more than a weekend, trust me.
 I have lived the crazy life style, worked 13+ hour days, had people to get from here to there, dinner to make, dishes and laundry that no one else was going to do and oh yea maybe a moment for me in all the craziness. Now, my life is free from the rushing about but the tradeoff is being a prisoner in my home because of my health issues. I am blessed to have hours with God every day, the only thing standing in the way of my God time is my selfish desires and tendency to lounge when I am sickly but it can also be a burden to have time with others be limited because they carry the outside world on them no matter how cautious we may try to be.
I wake up when my body and God tell me it is time, I roll over and turn off my oxygen sleeping mask and tell God I love him and Good Morning even if it is late into the afternoon. I read my YouVersion Bible App verse of the day and then read a secular grief devo, a Max Lucado devo, two Beth Moore devos and Jesus Calling. I make sure to read scripture out loud and fill my room with the power and truth of His mighty word. I make breakfast\lunch or what for me is usually first meal out of two, watch a TV show or two and then proceed to spend the next few hours either in Bible Study with P31, preparing for one of very few times out of the house every month to my face to face Bible Study, study God’s word for myself, read devotionals, books and watch sermons. Occasionally meal two or dinner is with a friend who has come over bringing something delicious or we enjoy my cooking which I love to do but aren’t always strong enough to. I then watch a bit more TV and settle in for my evening time with the Lord which ends with me placing my head on the pillow and the YouVersion Bible App reading scripture to me thorough my yearly Bible in a year reading plan.
Yes, I get to have a close, unrushed, intimate relationship with God but I also don’t get to be out in the world sharing His good news, fellowshipping, supporting myself, go grocery shopping for myself or just take a drive and breathe in God’s beautiful earth. I struggle when we do Bible study about rushed lives because the enemy tells me I am a joke, I can’t relate to being overwhelmed in this world anymore but I God’s truth pours into me and reminds me that I did once live that way and if He chooses to heal me of my terminal illness I will need to be equipped to go into the world once again making #TheBestYes decisions, Holy decisions while fearing and honoring God and His wisdom for my life. If God doesn’t heal me until Heaven I can still and do still minister from my bed and couch to woman who are out in the world and don’t always make time to open their Bibles every day, I can pour into them with emails and texts that have God’s word and other Christian encouragement for them, taking them out of their hectic day. God is Good all the time, all the time God is good!

“I will not let the awkward disappointments of others keep me from my Best Yes appointments with God.” Chapter 12, page 144 of “The Best Yes” by Lysa TerKeurst

No comments:

Post a Comment