Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The ABC's of gratitude


  "Gratitide is a dialysis of sorts. It flushes the self-pity out of our systems." Max Lucado in Before Amen
 



A.     Carmel Apple Walnut Pie from Fresh Market
B.     My Boys: Mateo, Steel & Colton
C.     The Camera on my Smartypants phone so I can capture all those great shots of my dawgs: Cherry who is my old lady dawg, Monroe who will always be my puppy and Baby Burt
D.     Traci’s Discernment super power that I don’t listen to nearly enough
E.      Life Everlasting and knowing that no matter how sick I get here on earth I will have life after this
F.      Harmless Flirting because now I know I won’t take them home and harmless means I am not grieving the Holy Spirit
G.     Group 1 and all of the victory, vulnerability and sisterhood
H.     Heaven is the point, my true destination and I the motivation it gives me to live for it here on earth
I.       Abraham & Isaac which opened me up to the OT and the parallel of sacrifice between this story and God and Christ
J.       Jeremiah and the promises God gave him that showed me how I was never a mistake or a burden
K.      King Jesus for having me covered and being the constant in authority, stability and love I always needed
L.      Laughing, especially Mateo’s
M.    Melissa Taylor’s vision, obedience and light
N.     Nicki Taylor’s spunk, charm and Jesus perspective
O.     Knowing the hand Operation is in God’s hands, see what happened there ;)
P.      My adorable and unexpectedly cutesy Purse
Q.     My Quest Study Bible – she is beaten up and highlighted and written on but THE thing I would save if this place went up in flames


R.     Not hating the last name I was born with anymore, Ramos
S.      Steel, I just get him and he is nuts and all over the place but I speak Steel and I am proud of it
T.      The Sidewalk Prophets for being one of the tools that God used to soften my Mom’s heart toward Jesus CLICK here for: The 1st Worship Song my Mom loved!
U.     The hilarity of watching people try to use Umbrella’s in Central, Il or Downtown Chicago where it rains sideways people!!!
V.     Victory in Christ over so many things: self-hate, lust, self-loathing, relationship addiction
W.   Water! I drink as much as 180 ounces a day and with each glass I can feel healing work in my body
X.      Duncan AleXander Ferguson for forcing me to love reading and learning
Y.      YouTube so I can watch Bing Crosby and David Bowie and swoon over Bing as they sing Little Drummer Boy CLICK Here for: The video of Crosby and Bowie
Z.      Wasn’t this one obvious, The Zeller’s for so much: Adopting me, allowing me to walk so closely with them, treating me like family, dealing with my drama, my vacation home, laundry, meals, laughter, tears, a place to call home on this earth while I wait for Jesus to take me home to Heaven. 



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18The Message (MSG)
16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18Common English Bible (CEB)
16 Rejoice always. 17 Pray continually. 18 Give thanks in every situation because this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment