Tuesday, December 2, 2014

God Box for #BeforeAmen Group 1



“The time has come for a clean start, I fresh slate. God does not see the marks of your past. Instead, he sees this: “See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands.” (Isaiah 49:16). God has written your name where he can see it. In the end that is the only tattoo that matters.” Max Lucado, Chapter 6 in Before Amen

The activity: To gather together this week and each make a vessel (a God Box) where we can physically lay before God our worries, our anxieties, issues we need victory over and healing from, our guilt, shame, places where we need forgiveness for hurts done to us or hurts we have done to someone else.

Video 1: Why and a little 
bit of how...
 

Video 2: Short and silly 
for video 3 and the 
opening of my God box...



Video 3: Opening my God
box that I hadn't laid 
hands on in at least three
years...
Some video clarifications with video 3. The quote I assumed was from a TV show is actually an article written by Max Lucado that I must have read during this journey and is called, Two Tombstones: The Story of the Samaritan Woman and Jesus Christ - how cool is that! I am not good with remembering dates and anniversaries. I actually originally did this December 2010 but I keep saying three years in the videos.

               As I said in video one a God box can be used for many different reasons, originally mine was a worry box over things that I feared I couldn’t control or be healed of. Since I do not remember who led me to creating my first box, I don’t have a website or email to share with you about how to create your own. I do know what worked for me.


·        Whatever vessel you choose your God box to be in, once it is sealed you cannot open it again until, like I did last night, you know you have had victory and want to reflect on how far God has brought you.
·        Be aware of how much attention you pay to the box. I remember those first couple days after I made it and started placing items in it I was fixated with it and knew I could not hide it, there was going to be victory from having it be in plain sight so God could really work on changing my heart.
·        Pray as you give the item to God, as you place the issue in your God box. What worked for me, “Jesus take this. I don’t want to dwell in this any longer. I want to let go and let God.”
Let go and let God became a mantra in my life. I scribbled it on my mirror, bathroom walls, on the windshield of my car facing in so I could read it as a drove. My Mom was still pretty uncomfortable with my relationship with God then and she even jumped on board, as she could see a huge change happening in me once I made the box, and she bought me a Let go, Let God bookmark. Which meant she also, on her own, went into a Christian bookstore and as you will see her salvation was a God box issue for me.

Lastly, I feel God urging me to offer myself to you gals, completely as you take this activity on. We need to always turn to Him first but He also made us to walk through this life together. If you are tempted, scared, encouraged or anything else over this process please feel free to contact me via our Group page or private message me on FB and I will share my cell phone # with you if you would like but I thought it dangerous to post it here on a public blog. I also am willing to answer any questions about my original journey with my first God box and look forward to this one as well. 

God is sheer mercy and grace;
    not easily angered, he’s rich in love.
He doesn’t endlessly nag and scold,
    nor hold grudges forever.
He doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve,
    nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.
As high as heaven is over the earth,
    so strong is his love to those who fear him.
And as far as sunrise is from sunset,
    he has separated us from our sins.
Psalm 103: 12-14 MSG 

5 comments:

  1. tried to open the videos and it says "This video is private." Am I doing something wrong?
    LOVE this idea and will make one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping I fixed the problem, it was on my end - I am so not a tech girl, Just a Jesus girl! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. I think this worry box post was just for me! I needed to hear this today. THANK YOU for sharing. You did a great job on the videos, too. Thanks for your honesty and your enthusiasm. you rock, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was too! I wanted to have it up and going last night but it was not going to happen so I just let it go and told God that I trusted His timing and that I was clearly getting in the way of work He had planned. I also stepped away because my frustration over technology could have seeped into my heart and I didn't want that! THANK YOU for your encouragement and sweet words, I have been praying today for motivation and focus and your words were an answer to that prayer!

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing Melis. As we go thru private pain etc , let's let go and let God.....as we need Him to carry our pains, worries, issues, grief, sickness, failure, dissappointment, broken dreams etc. All these are upon His caring, loving & strong shoulders. He is the open door for us. Love you Lord.

    ReplyDelete