Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Journey of HOPE




Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. 
Be gentle with one another, sensitive. 
Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you. 
Ephesians 4:31-32 The Message (MSG)



Over the past couple weeks I have shared how HOPE in Christ has equipped me to walk in Victory over addiction, mental illness and grief and I will continue to share the healing and redemption Jesus has brought me on my Journey of HOPE but there is one part of my life that I haven’t handed over to God and I want to share that struggle with you. When God brought me these words earlier this week I wondered why now and actually thought I can’t write about  this when I am writing a blog about HOPE but I realized that for all the victory and healing I have had this issue is weighing me down and keeping me from my greatest potential.



                                                                         
                                                                          Dear Unforgiveness,


I am breaking up with you. It is you, it is me and it is over. 
The truth is there are three sides to our story: yours, mine and God’s and the only side that is “right” is God’s. 
The merry-go-round of distorted details and specifics is running on our desire to be heard but we have grown deaf in the back and forth of it all.   
I am exhausted from the pain, I am sick over the hurt and I can’t grieve the loss another moment.
God himself is asking me to let this go and I will no  longer choose breaking His heart over holding onto my side of the story. 
Abba forgive me for my disobedience that started us down this destructive path. Lord help me to forgive so I can release the anger, squash the bitterness and eliminate the fear.  Help me to walk confidently as the girl you love. Jesus I need the biggest dose of that peace only you can offer and that surpasses our understanding. I need courage to not cower, divert my eyes in panic and shame and I need your strength to look upon those who have hurt me with love and mercy. Spirit guide my steps and empower me with Your truth so I can stop depending on my fickle feelings and bruised ego. Jesus, You paid the ultimate price for my salvation, You forgave the worst of me and pursue a relationship with me. In Your mighty name I declare myself free of unforgiveness; I choose to FORGIVE those who have hurt me and ask that You move in their hearts to find forgiveness as well but don’t need their forgiveness to live in victory. AMEN! 









No comments:

Post a Comment